Friday, February 12, 2010

Yellow Yellow Yellow!

So, since we had a snow day on Wednesday, I have gone through another week of slacking! I need to get on the ball! But I think I'm starting to have some direction!

When we visited the site on Monday, my favorite part of the building was the huge windows in the entrance! That will definitely be the location of my restaraunt! I can just picture people sitting there in cute little tables, looking out into town. If others are anything like me, they can watch people all day long! I love to people watch and I love watching cars drive by! Does that make me weird? :)

So, here are my initial thoughts...

Everyone knows about my obsession with peacock feathers, but another obsession of mine is YELLOW! This is my favorite color and that is where my inspiration began! I haven't used the color yellow in a project the whole time I've been in school, so there is no better time than my senior project!

After doing a little research of the color, I love it even more! Obviously we probably all know that it is the color of happiness and joy. But did you know that yellow also means good humor and that it symbolizes wisdom? I didn't know that! Yellow is full of creative and intellectual energy and it brings clarity and awareness. This is why offices sometimes use yellow. It helps you keep a clear mind and it also relieves panic, nervousness and exhaustion. Yellow is the color of Sunday. Pure yellow is the easiest color to see, and even people who are blind to most color, can often see yellow. Carry a yellow gemstone to express yourself and stimulate mental awareness! Yellow flowers send a message of new beginnings and happiness. My favorite meaning behind the color yellow is the yellow ribbons that represent the waiting for a loved one in the armed forces to return home. Wives often tie yellow ribbon around trees to show their love and support for their husband in the military! Growing up in a military home and being the daughter waiting for my dad to return home from way, I often had a yellow ribbon on me.

I want to use yellow in my project, without over using it. Sometimes too much yellow can make a person spaz out! haha! I am wanting to go the vintage route but with a modern twist. I hope that makes sense. I want to use neutral colors and patterns with yellow as the accent. I want to have a variety of patterns, damask and vintage mixed with more modern looks, such as stripes or polka dot. I also want to find a way to incorporate black and white photos, maybe of people or buildings.

That’s all I have right now. I cannot think of names for the life of me. That will be my weekend project!

Have a good weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment